We get asked all the time are Elf Bars refillable or are they exclusively disposable. It’s a great question because many vape brands have both disposable and refillable options available and Elf Bar is one of the most recognizable names in the business.
To add to the confusion, Elf Bar released their ELFA prefilled disposable vape kit in 2022. While the name accurately describes what the product is, it can be easy to mix it up with the more well-known Elf Bar 600 disposable pod.
The key difference here is in the naming, where one is a vape ‘bar’ and the other is a vape ‘kit’. Finish this short read to find out the definitive answer to this question and never mix up your ELFBAR vaping purchase again.
Can you refill an Elf Bar 600 Disposable Vape?
No. The short answer is that if you see ‘bar’ in the title and it’s a disposable vape, you can’t refill it.
The Elf Bar 600 is fully disposable for your convenience so that you can vape and go with the minimum of preparation. From top to bottom, the product is a single unit that you can use straight out of the pack.
Once you’re done you simply discard it (responsibly of course!) as you would any other disposable item.
Further reading: How long does Elf Bar last in days?
Why use a disposable vape?
Prefilled pods that you can swap out are great, but there are lots of reasons to choose fully disposable as well.
- No messy refills – some brands have sloppy time-consuming mechanisms
- Convenience – zero prep time, just crack open the pack and start vaping
- Alternative flavors – the 600 has some you can’t find in the prefilled version. Check our article on the best elf bar flavors to find the ones we recommend
- No recharging – always ready to go
- No searching for matching pods – it’s a single unit
- Easy to dispose of – no empties to carry around when you’re done
Read more: How to pick the best disposable vape?
Can you hack an Elf Bar to refill the pod?
Absolutely not. Well, you can try, but it’s not a great idea. The battery isn’t rechargeable or replaceable, so even if you succeed in refilling the pod, you still can’t vape with the bar.
The chances are that you will end up with:
- A bar that doesn’t work because the battery is dead
- A used coil that gives a burnt flavour and can’t be replaced
- A leaking pod that dribbles wasted e-juice into your mouth and onto your clothes
- E-juice all over your hands as you struggle to fill the pod then reassemble it
- Most likely a shattered, unusable mess that needs to go in the bin
Take our word for it, just buy a new disposable vape bar. If you really want to reuse the parts on your bar though, you should consider buying a replaceable or refillable option instead.
Interested in learning more about the Elf Bar 600? Dive into our comprehensive Elf Bar 600 review here for all the details you need
The Alternatives: The ELFA Vape Kit & The Elf Bar FB1000 Pod Vape Kit
Here are two terrific options for the more experienced vaper that are more environmentally friendly and can also save you money over time. Note that these are both reusable vape ‘kits’ as opposed to ‘bars’, so recharge the battery and replenish the e-juice in both.
The ELFA Vape Kit – Prefilled Disposable Pod System
The ELFA Vape Kit debuted in 2022 and has been a big hit. This is a partially disposable system that combines the advantages of a fully disposable product with a refillable/rechargeable one. Only the flavour pod needs to be replaced (without refilling) and the unit comes with a rechargeable battery.
Learn more about this innovative product right here: Elfa – Reusable Elf Bar.
Elf Bar FB1000 Pod Vape Kit
The Elf Bar FB1000 Vape Kit is a great product for the serious vaper who knows their way around a kit and is happy to refill pods, recharge regularly and switch out used coils. It has a long-lasting 1000mAh battery, a 2ml pod capacity and is a great way to save money over time.
Refillable vs Disposable vapes: which is the better option?
There are some key differences between the two kinds of products. Here are some thoughts to help you decide which is best for you.
You need a fully disposable Elf Bar 600 if:
- You are new to vaping or are a casual vaper
- Still deciding which flavours you like
- Found an epic flavour in this range not available elsewhere
- Are traveling and want ultra convenience
- Don’t want the hassle of replacing coils, refilling juice, recharging batteries
- Don’t want to mess around with complicated modes, screens, and buttons
You need an ELFA Vape Kit with Prefilled Disposable Pod System if you:
- Are a more experienced or regular vaper
- Are confident switching out the replaceable pods
- Want to cut down on waste
- Want to potentially save money over time
- Don’t want the hassle of replacing coils, refilling juice
You need an Elf Bar FB1000 Pod Vape Kit if you:
- Are a committed, experienced, and regular vaper
- Prefer to stock up on e-juice so you can refill at lower cost
- Want to create minimum waste while vaping
- Have no issue replacing coils
- Want to potentially save money over time
Ready to choose your vape?
Now you know the difference between a disposable, prefilled disposable pod and a pod vape kit, you can head on over to our main vaping product page and decide which epic new flavour you want to try today. Enjoy vaping with our next-day delivery in Ireland.